Friday, September 20, 2013

An Irreplaceable Link To Our Past



The Freegans: people who collect discarded food from dumpsters.


I guess you can call it ''Dumpster-Diving''. But in a Freegans' opinion, ''the best things in life are free''.Freegans are regular people walking down the street just with different beliefs and how we should live economicly. Although Freegans may live in a nice house or apartment opposed to a regular hunter-gather's choice of shelter, they are still considered hunter-gathers. In my opinion, they are the modern-styled hunter-gatherers.Not only food is recovered from the trash.Magazines, books, musical instruments and even things for the household.A Freegans's purpose is to reduce the volume in the waste stream.



sources:
1. http://freegan.info/
2. http://www.huntercourse.com/blog/2011/05/amazing-hunter-gatherer-societies-still-in-existence/

    This image is telling me that Freegans actually look just like normal people and wear normal clothing.Also, there's levels to this garbage picking. I would not like to live the lifestyle of a Freegan because growing up things just sort of been there in my procession. Also, I wouldn't even touch a dumpster. But I will say that a Freegan's lifestyle is beneficial.You will be able to save money in the long run. So being that you have a good job, you financially will be stabled.

No comments:

Post a Comment